Monday 15 February 2016

A CASE of florals


Hi There... Jenny here :)

Yep, I'm CASEing the awesome Jennifer McGuire this week and her Distress Ink Lifting technique. You can find a video and more details of the technique on her blog post here :)


As soon as I saw Jennifer's video I thought how great the technique would work with the hydrangea bloom and leaves in the Winnie & Walter set called Addie's Garden, so I set about white heat embossing them on regular cardstock as per the instructions. The colour lifting did not have such a dramatic effect on my card but it still bleached the blue enough so I could add pink and green to the areas.
I used exactly the same colours and technique as Jennifer shows in her video and finished off my card with a faux stitched line and a sentiment.

I wanted to try the same technique with a different colour background and flower so here is my second card....


The tulips are also from Addie's Garden and I used Squeezed Lemonade distress ink for the background. Being a lighter colour meant it was easier to lift the colour and over paint the reds and orange hues so I achieved quite a vibrant and more solid effect.
The card is small at 10cm square.... the tulip panel started off longer but I had to chop it down to edit out a major boo-boo!! .... I really like the final cut ;)

I added a simple black frame for dramatic contrast and a small sentiment from my stash of very old stamp sets!!

                                                  
This is a good trial and error technique and definitely a fun one for experimenting with colour and stamps..... perfect for florals, hope you try it too :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. I saw Jennifer McGuire's video too and your case is fab! I love your tulip card too, so vibrant. Both cards are stunning! I am definitely going to try this technique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jenny. I wasn't going to look at the technique, but after seeing yours, I am now! Gorgeous cards x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team