Saturday 6 February 2016

Very Vintage Florals – Use Your Old Stamp Sets Again

Hello crafty friends, today I am using an oldie but goodie set by Wplus9 called "Very Vintage Florals". I know we always look to  what's new and exciting from our favorite brands, but it's good to remember some of the older sets that we used to cherish and love. This is one that is just timeless and can be used for modern, fun, or elegant styles.


I started out by stamping the frame with Versamark on my prepped card stock and then poured gold embossing powder on top. There is a matching die for this shape, but I don't have it, so I fussy cut it by hand.


I stamped the sentiment in black Versafine ink and set it aside to dry. Then I grabbed the floral images from the stamp set and stamped them in various colors so they'd be partially covered by the frame later.  Once I was done, I embossed the Wplus9 Sunshine Layers die into the front of the card for addition interest and then used my Stabilo Carbothello chalk pastels to color the outside of the frame.


You could use a different color medium, or skip this step entirely. I just wanted an additional pop of color and the chalk pastels go on easy, you can blend them nicely, and with one or two spritzes of hairspray it's fixed and doesn't smear.

Hope you liked today's project and look through your stash to find some of those older sets you haven't shown a lot of love recently.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love that the flowers are peeking out from behind the frame! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team