Sunday 22 May 2016

Cosy Felt

I bet you could all guess what I'd be playing with today - I did say I couldn't wait for Newton's Nook fabby new book themed stamps!   I went with A Cosy Day In first as I wanted to do one of my favourite techniques of paper-piecing but using felt as well as paper as I thought felt would add a touch of realism to the comfy looking chair!


I stamped the whole image onto a square of grey felt from our sample packs using a Avery Elle's Dye Ink and just ran a hot iron over it with a piece of kitchen paper in between to set the ink.  Now to do the paper piecing.  I stamped the image onto white card twice so I could have the "girl layer" and "cat layer" separate.   I stamped just the cushion onto a patterned paper from the Hello Gorgeous pad from My Minds Eye - a good tip to make your image and background sing is to use the same paper in your image as your background as long as you have some plain colour to separate the two.

I coloured the image with our new Zig Clean Color Markers from Kuretake - I used the big set which is a bit of an investment, but we do also have the 24 set if you want to try them.  You can colour with them just as pens but they also work like watercolour markers and are really easy to use with the great brush tip they have.

To layer it all up I die cut a couple of circles of white card using the Lawn Fawn stitched dies and stamped the whole image onto the large one to make piecing it back together easy.   To finish the chair I used some tiny flat backed pearls to "stud" the chair where the circles are on the image.







NEWS FROM THE STORE:
  • We will have the latest release from Neat and Tangled in store tomorrow.
  • The new release from Avery Elle goes on sale on the 26th May (Thursday) and we will be live as soon as they are!
  • We are waiting on the new release and restocks from Altenew to ship.
  • We have an order pending for the latest couple of releases from WaffleFlower - we should have that by the end of the month.
  • We are waiting for Hero Arts to hit the UK distributor.

That's all for today folks - happy crafting!

Tara





2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I am forced to add these stamps and the felt to my ever growing wish list now! I'm excited for the Avery Elle release on Thursday as I believe that Caryn has designed some gorgeous ocean themed stamps and dies which I will also "need". Thanks for the inspiration and enablement (is that a word?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and many thanks for the up date on expected delivery of your wonderful items. Will be keeping a keen eye on the arrival
    of the AlteNew stocks.

    crafty hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team