Saturday 28 May 2016

Easy Watercolor Background for Heat Embossing

Hi crafty friends! Now that I have finally got a grasp on how to blend colors without it resulting in a muddy mess, I  thought I'd take it one step further and try it with "real" watercolors instead of just markers. I am still hesitant, because there is little control with colors on a wet brush, but I am quite happy about how this turned out.


I started by using my anti-static tool on my card and then heat embossing a Paper Smooches sentiment and a leaf image in the center of my card. The heat embossing will resist watercolors, and I find it easier to do this first so I won't have to wait for my watercolors to dry later on.

I applied some clean water with a large, flat brush over the surface of my card. By wetting the area you want to color, you achieve two things: 1 – the colors blend more easily on a wet surface, and 2 – you can actually control the flow of the color since it will mostly stay in the wet area. Going in the direction of the color wheel ensured that the colors would blend nicely and not result in unpleasant mixes.

I added a few spritzes with my Mini Mister of Perfect Pearl water to add some shine and voila – a clean and simple watercolor card all done.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. I love it Julia, you have blended the colours beautifully. Super pretty and bright card - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cards, the colours that you have used look lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team