Sunday 28 August 2016

My World

I have a simple interactive card to share today - as soon as I saw the fabulous Big World stamp set from Altenew I knew I had to make a spinner card.


I stamped the side of world with the UK using just two shades of ink - Caribbean Sky and Forest Glades.  For the second layer of "land" I used the same green just to add a little depth rather than a completely different colour.  I die cut with a circle die which gave just a small white border.  For the base card I used a black DL card and cut a panel just half a centimeter smaller.  I drew a light pencil line around the world so I could find the centre from which I die cut a small circle.  I then used a white pencil to create an earthly glow blending it out with odourless blender and adding clear wink of stella.


To create the spinning globe I cut two more circles (bigger than the hole) from any scrap card as it won't be seen.  Pop one behind the panel and use a single spinning disc with a strong wet glue before adding the second on top.  Allow to dry, ensure its spinning freely then secure the globe to the front.

I embossed the sentiments from the same stamp set in white and finished with die cut silver stars and some white dots using a gel pen and edging the panel with a silver ink pad.  I used foam squares on the back of the panel to take the depth of the spinner so the globe spins on the card.




NEWS FROM THE STORE

This week we will have:
  • the Christmas collections from Echo Park 
  • the new release from Newton's Nook
  • and hopefully by the end of the week the new release from SugarPea Designs
  •  We are still waiting on Hero Arts - both the colour layering catalogue and the winter catalogue are marked as "expected late August" on the distributors website.  As the quantities you have to buy months to buy direct from Hero Arts are huge, I have to buy via the ONLY UK distributor and cannot buy direct which often leads to delays.  I buy direct from all the other brands but can't get around this.  Sorry - I am doing my best and will make it live as soon as I get it!   Hopefully it won't be much longer.
  • Some Lawn Fawn items have already sold out from the new release so we will be ordering more after the bank holiday which should be here by mid September.
Enjoy the long bank holiday weekend if you're somewhere that has it!

Tara




2 comments:

  1. Fab card Tara! I love the interactivity and the "glow" round the Earth. Adding Wink of Stella was a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team