Thursday 27 October 2016

Coffee & Flowers



Hello there and happy Thursday, Lydia here with you today.

I have gone for a monochromic look, I thought the browns would go with the coffee theme.


For the floral images I have used Vintage Roses and Vintage Flowers. I stamped three of the large leaf stem from Vintage Roses onto the card base with Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag and Dark Chocolate Crisp Ink for the three layers.


I then stamped the coffee pot from Coffee Love onto white card and cut with the coordinating dies. I then stamped the same coffee pot onto some patterned paper. I stamped some leaves onto the bottom of the pot using the same colours before adding a light mica powder over the top- this helps the leaves blend a little more into the 'pattern' on the pot. I then cut this patterned piece out and stuck it on top of the image on the die-cut piece.



I stamped a rose (Vintage Roses) and some leaves (Vintage Flowers) using the same inks and then die cut these with the matching dies. I then assembled the pieces on the card base with foam pads. To finish I added a sentiment from Coffee Talk.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like the mix of flowers and coffee!

Hugs, Lydia x



3 comments:

  1. I hate coffee...but I love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage tones, so stylish, and two of those ink colour names are making me hungry! :p Fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this stamp but with the flowers you have made it beautiful!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team