Saturday 19 November 2016

A Different Christmas Wreath

Hello, crafters! Today I want to show you a different take on a christmas wreath, using an older stamp set from Hero Arts and some luscious pigment inks.


For this card, instead of just stamping the wreath made out of the smaller images, I decided to die cut a window into the center of my panel, and then stamp the images around it. Of course, parts of the images are missing, but I find that this gives the card an entirely different look that breaks out of the traditional christmas wreath designs.


I used pigment inks for stamping since I wanted perfect coverage and crisp edges, and the pigment inks delivered, of course. Since mine never set (not matter if I use Avery Elle or Mama Elephant), I always spray them with hair spray afterwards. Just enough so it will seal the ink and I won’t smudge it. I know there are different techniques, this is the one I like best.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!


2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous bright colours, and a very elegant design - love it! The sentiment is awesome... must check out that set...!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team