Thursday 24 November 2016

Watercolour and Gold Poinsettias



Hi there everyone and happy Thursday !

Today I have a card to share using the beautiful Mama Elephant 'Poinsettia'...


I stamped three of the large flowers at the top of a piece of watercolour card and heat ebossed them with gold powder. I then water coloured then using a lot of colour at the base and really watering it down towards the tips. I love the effect this gives.



I then took the gold from the Gansai Tambi set and coloured in the land-locked areas at the topand between the leaves and around around the bottom edge of the flowers. To create the gold ombre effect I added clean water to the gold on the bottom edge to draw out the colour.



For the sentiment I used Altenew 'Lyrical Script' and gold embossed it on to some vellum before attaching to my card layer with staples.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

Hugs, Lydia x

9 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW such a stunning card. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so pretty! I will certainly be trying this technique out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! *swoon*
    Totally took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lydia, so pretty and the effect of the gold Gansai Tambis is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lydia
    I am becoming able to recognise your work now, and your techniques are stunning..... looking forward to C/Craft tomorrow!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a special card, so unique, so artsy and absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team