Sunday 15 January 2017

Feminine and Masculine Metallics

I needed a couple of different cards this week, a catching up card for a guy and a special birthday card for a girl, and they both ended up with a metallic twist so that's my theme this week.

Firstly let's go with the girly birthday card as that is a full on shimmer-fest!


I used the MFT Bold Blossom background which is currently out of stock, but I was inspired by the Floral Fantasy version from this month which is currently in stock but I didn't want to use as I wanted to leave some for you lot!   I embossed it with an off white powder on Lawn Fawn Storm Cloud card stock and then did fast watercolouring using Starry Colours from Kuretake's Gansai Tambi paints.  The main sentiment came from MFT's absolutely fabulous die with a little embossing to finish it off with some extra words.

For the masculine version I used a couple of brand new products from Waffle Flower.  I am still working on adding these products to the store but didn't want to delay my post any longer so I'll pop back and edit the links later.


I used the fabulous new Layering Marble stamp set which I am sure is going to be a perennial favourite as the options for using it are pretty much endless.  Here I layered it using Altenew seashore inks in 3 shades onto an Avery Elle silver fox card base.  I added some copper embossing here and there too using the top layer again in different places for my metallic element and to give it that glint you get in marble.  Don't get obsessed about how to line up this stamp - it really doesn't matter!   Just make sure you follow light, medium and dark on the right layers then the world is your oyster - stamp and go and it just all works!

I wanted the pattern to shine so just opted for a single die from the new Hey Hi Hello word set using a scrap of grey card from my previous project.


NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • Mama Elephant was added this morning - the new release (more super cute otters in case you missed the MFT ones!) plus restocks
  • Waffle Flower will be live this evening.
  • We have Concord and 9th in transit but it is currently stuck in customs in the USA - with luck we will still get it this week but no promises as customs is customs and you can't do anything to influence them!
  • We have the gorgeous new release from Newton's Nook already, they start their peeks tomorrow and it goes live on Friday so we'll make ours live when they do.
  • Lawn Fawn and Avery Elle will be making their CHA peeks soon - we'll get our orders in but they won't release the actual products until mid-to-late February so you'll have to patient for those ones!
  • Altenew have released some new markers - they are currently exclusive to their website but they have said they will wholesale them soon so we'll look at them when we can.

That's it for this week.

Catch you all next weekend.

Tara



1 comment:

  1. Fab cards Tara! The metallics floral background is awesome, and I love that marble stamp set <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team