Tuesday 13 June 2017

Ahoy Matey

When I saw the Lawn Fawn Ahoy Matey stamp set, I just knew it was a must have. I love all the images in the set and the sentiment font is fantastic.


I had a lot of fun colouring these images. I used MFT black hybrid ink to stamp them, coloured with alcohol markers, then fussy cut them out. I also added some Wink of Stella glitter to the coins too.

To create the scene, I die cut a rounded circle frame twice from white card and once from kraft card stock. I'll keep the frames to use on other cards, as I just want the inner rectangles this time.

On one white card rectangle, I added a light blue ink at the top for the sky. This is the base layer.

On the other white card rectangle, I blended on blue distress ink, flicking with water for a more textured look, before die cutting two ocean wave borders from it.

From the kraft card rectangle, I die cut a stitched hillside for the beach, then heat embossed a greeting onto it.


Before layering the scene together on a kraft card base, I stamped some images on it with a dark brown ink, to make it look like a map. The stitched line stamp is from an Avery Elle set, which I'll link below. I blended on some dark brown ink on to the card base too, for a more aged look. This doesn't need to be perfectly blended.

Finally I layered the pieces on the card base, mostly with liquid glue but I used foam tape behind the beach for dimension.



I decorated the envelope in a similar way to the card base but in a lighter brown ink and without the added ink blending. 

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

MFT Rounded Rectangle Frames
MFT Ocean Waves

1 comment:

  1. Wow, totally fabulous use of layers here... I LOVE this scene! The stamped Kraft base looks great and the elements in this stamp set are so cute. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team