Thursday 29 June 2017

Magical Unicorn Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

If you're a follower of various card designers and trends in general you can't have failed to notice the unicorn trend lately! From memes to stamps to frappuccinos, everyone's been getting in on the action - and it's easy to understand why. There's something about unicorns that is quite simply magical!

I've scoured high and low for the perfect unicorn stamp (and, *ahem*, 'collected' a few along the way) - but I knew my search was over when I saw the Neat & Tangled Magical Day stamp set! My friend Elena always illustrates the cutest of stamps for Neat & Tangled, but the unicorn she drew here is not only cute, but perfectly proportioned, graceful and pretty to boot!!

I was excited to play with this set and came up with the following card:


Isn't she just the prettiest?!


I stamped and coloured my unicorn with pretty coloured reminiscent of My Little Pony! I didn't get her mane or tail perfect but I did give them a good coating of shimmer to pretty them up! Her horn got some shimmer too, before I trimmed her out ready to go!


I used one of my favourite rainbow dies - the My Favorite Things End Of The Rainbow Dienamics set - to die cut the rainbow and cloud from white cardstock. I watercoloured the rainbow in pastel shades before giving them a coating of shimmer, whilst the cloud got a good mist of some shimmer spray for extra magic!


I assembled all my elements onto my card base with dimensional glue gel, adding some splatter to my base, before stamping the sentiment and scattering with sequins to finish! I challenge you to find someone who wouldn't be won over by this beauty!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cute! I bought this unicorn stamp set, but haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and cute! I love the mane and tail, and the way the rainbow extends the card. Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully coloured ! Great design , magical x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team