Monday 17 July 2017

Simply Relative Florals

Hello, Jenny here again... these Mondays whizz around again so quickly!!

I thought I'd follow last weeks foray into floral territory with another this week and this is a set which has only just been inked up for the first time!! *shame*


These are the Freehand Florals by Wplus9 which is a fun basic layering set and I saw someone use black ink for one of the layers and thought how striking the flowers looked so I had to try it too :)

You have a stamping guide on the back of the packet but really they are quite forgiving to layer up and quite easy to arrange for novice florists like myself! I chose bright colours to contrast the black ...... the flowers remind me of the canal roses painted on narrow-boats so I wonder what a white embossed layer would look like too?? I need to try that!!


Another good purchase has been the sentiment set called Simply Relative by Newtons Nook, I do struggle with fonts and words to personalise a card but this set has a good mixture of both and you still have the option of using them with other stamp sets too :)

The card base has been stamped with the Pinstripes background for a tone on tone effect... I love this technique to just add a subtle bit of texture in the background :)

  

Well thanks for stopping by and catch you again next week :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. Soooo pretty! Those florals layer up beautifully - fab design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team