Tuesday 18 July 2017

The More Candles, The Bigger The Wish!

Happy Tuesday! Gemma here, with a card featuring in-laid die cutting. This is one of my favourite techniques for adding depth to a card.


I'm using the MFT Birthday Candles dienamics for my card today. I cut a rectangle of card to be slightly smaller than my card base, and then I die cut the birthday candles from it. To keep the candles alternating between tall and short, I layered the die over the last candle before I ran it through the die cutting machine for a second time. That way it only cut four candles, rather than five.

I followed the same process with the candle flames.


Next I added the sentiment, from the MFT Birthday Greetings stamp set. I part stamped it, so I could continue the sentiment inside the card.

I put tons of foam tape on the back of the panel, then attached it to the card base.

There were enough candles for me to do a fun rainbow colour scheme, so I die cut candles from some MFT papers, before layering them in the die cut spaces. For the candle flames, I die cut some gold glitter paper. I find using liquid glue to add these pieces is easier because you have a little wriggle room to get them in just the right position.



For the inside of the card, I wanted to continue the sentiment. At this point, I wasn't brave enough to stamp it directly in the card, in case I ruined it. I do struggle sometimes with part stamping! So instead, I stamped it on a separate piece of card and adhered it inside. I had a few candles left over so added them too.


Thanks for joining me today. I hope you like this card and feel inspired to give this in-laid die cutting technique a try.

Have a lovely day,
Gemma

MFT Birthday Candles
MFT Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Papers
MFT Birthday Greetings




1 comment:

  1. I love the rainbow colours and clean look. So striking and perfect for any birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team